- 23 year old George Henry Bruce from Dripstone is killed in action in France
- The Leader reminds readers of this evening’s monster recruiting meeting to be held at Robertson Park. Tonight’s Recruiting Meeting
- The Leader advises that tomorrow is the Australian public’s last chance to subscribe to the Commonwealth War Loan:
The Commonwealth Treasurer is not asking a favor, but is conferring the privilege of helping our men with the munitions and equipment so vitally necessary to their well-being, and which will enable them to complete the successful offensive against Germany.
- German soldiers evacuate the village of Grandcourt on the Western Front; British troops move in
- The German airship LZ-82 is damaged during a forced landing in fog at Rehben-an-der Aller in Germany. The veteran of 20 flights around the North Sea and England is subsequently decommissioned.