27 April 1917
- Mayoress McNeilly places laurel wreaths on the Union Jack at Orange Public School in memory of fallen ex-students Roy Stanford, Jack Earls, Thomas Curtayne, Walter Stokes, William James Johnson, William Chrystall, William Beasley, Walter Newton, Hubert Irwin, Jack McMurtrie, Bert Rockliff, Bert Argall, Edward Fardell, Lisle Lane, Arthur Dein, William Corkett, and Lionel Brizzolara. Anzac Day Celebrations at Public School
- Returned servicemen Malcolm Herbert Stewart and Lennox Ross Owen Douglas address Orange High School students. Anzac Day Celebrations at the High School
- John Arthur Earls is commemorated during the Anzac Day ceremony at East Orange Public School. Anzac Day in East Orange
- Veterans of the Gallipoli landing are guests of honour at memorial services in London. Anzac Day in London
- The headmaster of Wolaroi School commemorates Anzac Day by announcing a scholarship for free board and tuition for the sons of deceased or permanently disabled soldiers. Wolaroi Memorial Scholarship
- Guatemala severs diplomatic relations with Germany
- The Russian Social Democratic Labour Party – Bolsheviks (RSDLP-B) conference opens in Petrograd, with Vladimir Lenin elected honorary Chairman. 57 delegates discuss the present situation, current tasks, the attitude to the Soviet of Workers’ and Soldiers’ Deputies and the question of its reorganisation, the structure of Party organisation, attitudes to the other Social-Democratic trends and municipal elections. The conference which continues until 5 May.
This entry was posted on April 27th, 2017.