26 December 1916
- The Ancient Order of Foresters holds a fundraiser at the Oddfellows’ Hall in support of their brothers serving overseas
- The German, Austro-Hungarian and Turkish governments reply to American president Woodrow Wilson’s peace note of 18 December. They suggest an immediate meeting of delegates.
- The Anglo-French Conference meets in London to discuss the German and United States peace notes, the Greece situation, the campaign in Salonika and the division of forces on the Western Front. The conference continues for three days.
- General Joseph Jacques Cesaire Joffre is appointed Marshal of France. French Marshal Joseph Joffre
- Allied forces conduct a series of air raids at Galata in the Dardanelles and Zeebrugge in Belgium
This entry was posted on December 26th, 2016.