2 March 1915
- Walter Joseph Stokes enlists. Walter is commemorated on the Centenary of WWI in Orange Honour Roll; he would be killed in action in France on 13 August 1916.
- The Leader reports that the Allied fleet has advanced along the Dardanelles Straits as far as Sortara, having destroyed Turkish forts along the banks as well as the town of Intepe.
- Commander of British naval forces in the Mediterranean, Admiral Sackville Carden, telegraphs a message to the Admiralty declaring that, if the weather cooperates, he hopes to reach Constantinople in about a fortnight.
- The British blockade of German East Africa commences
- Great Britain and France sign a joint declaration to prevent trade with or by Germany
This entry was posted on March 2nd, 2015.