15 June 1917
- The Leader suggests that an avenue of trees be planted at the entrance of Orange to commemorate the district’s war dead. Remembrance Avenue
- Mrs Helena Irwin unveils a polished oak tablet on which are inscribed the names of Orange High School teachers and former pupils who have enlisted. Three of Mrs Irwin’s sons have volunteered for service; only two would return. Roll of Honour Unveiled at Orange High School
- Norbert Ambrose Gahan returns to Orange following nine months’ overseas service. He says that if he is no longer fit for active service he intends to work in an English munitions factory. Home Again
- The Leader publishes The 309th Casualty List, which includes William Arthur Neal, killed in action in the Second Battle of Bullecourt
- Residents of Millthorpe mourn the district’s latest war casualties. Our Local Soldiers
Leave a Reply
This entry was posted on June 15th, 2017.