8 August 1915
- The Battle of Lone Pine continues
- Edric Albert Davies is killed in action at the Battle of Lone Pine
- John Michael Paul Woodbridge is killed in action in the Battle of Lone Pine
- The 1st Royal Australian Navy Bridging Train lands at Suvla Bay on the Gallipoli peninsula. Based at Kangaroo Beach, the 1st RANBT assists with the construction of piers berthing facilities, the unloading of stores and ammunition, and the control of water supplies.
- Reginald Claude Nancarrow enlists. Reginald is commemorated on the Centenary of WWI in Orange Honour Roll; he would be killed in action in Belgium on 26 September 1917.
This entry was posted on August 8th, 2015.