7 November 1917
- William James Dunbar is killed in action in Palestine
- William Henry Wright dies of wounds in Belgium
- British forces capture the town of Gaza signifying the collapse Turkish defences in southern Palestine; the march towards Jerusalem begins
- The Last Post Ceremony at the Australian War Memorial commemorates the 100th anniversary of the Third Battle of Gaza
- The Bolsheviks, led by Lenin and Trotsky, overthrow Alexander Fyodorovich Kerensky’s Provisional Russian Government; they demand a “just and immediate peace”
This entry was posted on November 7th, 2017.