6 May 1917
- Herman Henry Frank Soltau is killed in action in the Second Battle of Bullecourt
- Corporal George Julian ‘Snowy’ Howell wins the Victoria Cross at Bullecourt
- French forces on the Western Front successfully resist German counter-attacks on the Aisne; they have captured 29,000 prisoners since 10 April
- Violent artillery attacks take place at Trentino and Julian on the Southern Front
- Demonstrators in Salonika demand the deposition of King Constantine of Greece
This entry was posted on May 6th, 2017.