4 October 1917
- William Edwin Wells is killed in action in Belgium
- Charles William Smith is killed in action in Belgium
- Martin O’Neill of Cargo is killed in action in Belgium
- Canadian-born Harry Davenport dies of wounds in Belgium
- George Holden enlists. George is commemorated on the Centenary of WWI in Orange Honour Roll; he would die of wounds in France on 17 October 1918.
- The Battle of Broodseinde Ridge begins on the Western Front just a few kilometres south of Passchendaele
This entry was posted on October 4th, 2017.