30 October 1914
- Vessels of the first Australian convoy gather in Albany Western Australia, where they refuel and prepare to set sail for the continent.
- Great Britain and France sever diplomatic relations with Turkey
- Lord Fisher is appointed First Sea Lord, Great Britain, replacing Prince Louis of Battenberg who resigned the previous day
- The British hospital ship Rohilla runs aground in Saltwick Bay near Whitby in Yorkshire. A huge rescue operation begins; 146 of the 220 people on board are saved, including a survivor of the Titanic.
- The Italian Cabinet resigns and a new cabinet is formed; Antonio Salandra remains Prime Minister.
This entry was posted on October 30th, 2014.