3 November 1916
- Day 830 of the war
- John Douglass Sandison writes from Durban, South Africa, which he claims is very similar to Sydney. He reports that Australian soldiers are treated “bonza”, and have been granted free entry to the municipal baths and the zoo. Orange Soldier On Durban
- The Leader highlights the difficulties encountered by returned soldiers as they attempt to find suitable employment. Returned Soldiers
- Minister for Lands, William Ashford, announces that the Government is to purchase the Montavella fruit orchard near Bathurst for returned soldiers. Montavella Orchard For Returned Soldiers
- French troops at Verdun advance to the outskirts of Vaux
- Italian troops on the Eastern Front storm Monte Volkovnjak and close in on Kostanjevica
This entry was posted on November 3rd, 2016.