29 October 1915
- Private Edmund Osborn Milne has a close shave while bathing at Gallipoli, as a shell bursts nearby. Personal
- In an impassioned appeal for recruits Keith McClymont asserts: “we are bound by sacred duty to defend our freedom, our liberty, our justice, our Honor”. Why Are We Here?
- French Prime Minister Rene Viviani resigns; he is succeeded by the Minister of Justice, Aristide Briand
- French Minister of War, Alexandre Millerand, resigns
- American social activist and peace advocate Jane Addams warns Woodrow Wilson of the danger of preparing the US for war. History.com
This entry was posted on October 29th, 2015.