29 October 1914
- Prince Louis of Battenberg, First Sea Lord, Great Britain, resigns
- The War Precautions Act is passed in Australia. The Federal Government now has the power to impose censorship, restrict aliens, fix prices and take other measures deemed necessary.
- Turkey commences hostilities against Russia; Turkish warships bombard Odessa, Sevastopol, and Theodosia.
- The Battle of Gheluvelt (Ypres) begins
- Trench warfare starts to dominate the Western Front. An intricate network of trenches would come to stretch 450 miles from the Belgian coast to the Swiss border.
This entry was posted on October 29th, 2014.