27 October 1916
- With just one day to go before the Conscription Referendum concerned citizens of Orange continue to take out advertisements in the Leader
- The Leader reports that many people attended Greghamstown Public School last Friday for the unveiling of the town’s Honour Roll. Greghamstown Honour Roll
- Orange Post Office employee, Mrs Byrnes, shares a letter from her brother, Private JH Brewer, written from hospital in in England. This Tumult Will Have Its Good
- Conditions on the Somme continue to deteriorate with the inclement weather. Commander of Fourth Army, Sir Henry Rawlinson, believes that it is physically impossible for the infantry to advance through the mire
- Serbian troops advance in the Cherna region of the Southern Front
This entry was posted on October 27th, 2016.