26 November 1916
- General August von Mackensen reaches Alexandria in southern Romania and makes contact with General Erich von Falkenhayn
- French and Serbian troops capture Hill 1050 in Macedonia, 11kms north-east of Monastir
- The British armed trawler HMT Narval is sunk during a German naval raid near Lowestoft on the east coast of England. The Narval’s crew are taken prisoner of war; one would die in captivity.
- German troops surrender at Ilembula in German East Africa
- German submarine U-52 torpedoes the French battleship Suffren in the North Atlantic off the coast of Portugal. The Suffren sinks within seconds; her entire crew of 648 perish
This entry was posted on November 26th, 2016.