25 October 1916
- The Leader reports the death of William Wallace Lawson. Private WW Lawson
- The Leader reports that police were called to eject hecklers during a public address by former Prime Minister of Australia, Chris Watson, at the Foresters’ Hall last night. A second meeting – “the rowdiest ever held in Orange” – was abandoned after “combatting, boo-hoos, counting out, and volleys of interjections”. JC Watson In Orange
- French forces repulse German counter-attacks at Verdun
- German-Bulgarian troops storm Vulkan Pass in western Transylvania while Romanian soldiers manage to hold fast in passes to the north
- Romanian troops blow up a bridge in Dobrudja, and abandon Cernavoda, which is subsequently captured by Bulgarian forces
This entry was posted on October 25th, 2016.