25 July 1916
- Australian soldiers continue to secure the village of Pozieres
- Lionel Brizzolara dies of wounds received in the Battle of Pozieres
- Mervyn George Hawkins dies of wounds received in the Battle of Pozieres
- British troops advance towards Hill 160 along the road between Albert and Bapaume
- Russian forces capture Erzinjan in Armenia, the most westerly point to fall under Russian control
- On the Southern Front the reconstituted Serbian Army comes into action against the Bulgarians in Salonika
This entry was posted on July 25th, 2016.