24 November 1915
- The Leader reports that John Patrick Hamilton has been awarded the Victoria Cross for bravery. Orange Soldier Wins VC
- Major General Andrew Hamilton Russell assumes command of the New Zealand and Australian Division
- Lord Kitchener concludes his tour of the Gallipoli peninsula and embarks for return to England
- Allied forces at Gallipoli are ordered to maintain 72 hours of silence. The intention of this first “Silent Stunt” is to convince the enemy that silence does not indicate troop withdrawal.
- The Greek government agrees to the Allied Powers demand of non-interference with Allied troops
- Danish merchants and manufacturers conclude an agreement with the British Government to restrict supplies to Germany
This entry was posted on November 24th, 2015.