24 June 1918
- The Leader reports the death in action of George Henry Goode. Another Millthorpe Hero
- Reuben John Parsons sends news to his mother is Peisley street that he has been evacuated to hospital in England after being shot in the left leg. He has had one operation already and is awaiting a second. Soldiers’ Letters – Cheering The Wounded
- Joseph Watts of Summer Street receives a letter from his son Charles Edwin Watts, who says that his unit in France has just captured 1000 prisoners. He adds that has been really enjoying the biscuits, chocolates and cigarettes that were in his most recent care package. Bravo Australia – Parcels From Orange
- Millthorpe welcomes home Percy Francis McDonnell and James John Thompson from the war. Soldiers Home Again
- The parents of Austin Herbert Edmonds receive news that he is dangerously ill with malignant malarial fever. Trooper Austin Edmonds
This entry was posted on June 24th, 2018.