24 June 1917
- French forces on the Western Front recover more ground near Vauxaillon
- British troops advance along a 2.5 kilometre front near Lens
- The German Air Force forms the Jagdgeschwader 1, a fighter unit comprising four fighter squadrons with flying ace Manfred von Richthofen, the “Red Baron”, as commander. The unit would become known as “The Flying Circus” or “Richthofen’s Circus” due to the bright colours of its aircraft.
- British and German delegates convene at The Hague to negotiate the treatment of prisoners of war
- Nikola Pasic forms the new Serbian Government
This entry was posted on June 24th, 2017.