22 January 1916
- Day 530 of the war
- British and Turkish forces in Mesopotamia agree on a six hour armistice to remove the wounded and recover and bury the dead. The Tigris River rises over two metres in 48 hours; the relief effort is hampered by floods.
- The Romanian Government begins negotiations with Russia with a view to military assistance
- Austrian forces occupy Antivari and Dulcigno in Montenegro, and Berat in Albania
- Russian torpedo boats continue to wreak havoc in the Black Sea, sinking a further 40 sailing vessels
- A German aeroplane drops several bombs on Dover, 1 person is killed, seven are injured
This entry was posted on January 22nd, 2016.