22 February 1917
- Day 940 of the war
- Prime Minister William ‘Billy’ Hughes delivers his policy speech regarding the new Nationalist Party to the House of Representatives. Commonwealth War Ministry
- Allied forces on the Western Front repulse enemy raids east of Vermelles and south of Neuve Chapelle
- British troops take enemy trench and 30 prisoners north of Gueudecourt
- Commander-in-Chief of British and Indian Forces in Mesopotamia, Sir Frederick Maude launches a fresh attack Sannaiyat, capturing two lines of enemy trenches
- German submarine SM U-21 attacks eight Dutch and one Norwegian ship off the Isles of Scilly, despite having been granted a guarantee of safety by the German government. Attack On Seven Neutral Dutch Merchant Vessels
This entry was posted on February 22nd, 2017.