22 April 1917
- Charles King Brothers dies of wounds in France
- British troops on the Western Front capture the southern part of Trescault
- German forces bombard Reims
- French soldiers repulse a German attack on Moronvillers massif
- The Second Battle of Doiran begins on the Salonika front. Fighting continues until 8 May and ends in a Bulgarian victory over the Allies
- British troops in Mesopotamia attack Turks in retreat from Istabulat on the west bank of Tigris
This entry was posted on April 22nd, 2017.