20 June 1916
- Australian Prime Minister William (‘Billy’) Hughes visits Australian troops in France
- The remnants of General Townshend’s Kut force board open trucks for the final stage of their journey to prison camps in Anatolia
- General Jan Christiaan Smuts’ first despatch on operations in East Africa is published. The Old And The Bold
- German forces penetrate Russian lines at Smorgon on the Eastern Front, but are driven back out; Russian troops cross the Sereth river south of Czernowitz
- Turkish forces take Qasr-i-Shirin in Western Persia
This entry was posted on June 20th, 2016.