15 March 1916
- Austria-Hungary severs diplomatic relations with Portugal and declares war on Portugal
- The Leader asks the people of Orange to donate food to the Red Cross Society for returned soldiers. By doing so they will not only be help wounded soldiers, they will also be “helping the nation in her life and death struggle”. Fruit and Vegetables
- Dr. António José de Almeida succeeds Dr. Afonso Augusto da Costa as Portuguese Prime Minister
- The Leader reports that James Griffin was the victim of “a fierce kissing bombardment” by the ladies at his recent farewell party prior to his departure for the front. Personal
- Admiral Eduard von Capelle is appointed German Navy Minister following the resignation of Admiral Alfred Peter Friedrich von Tirpitz
This entry was posted on March 15th, 2016.