12 October 1916
- John Arthur ‘Jack’ Earls is killed in action in Belgium
- William Walter Erickson is killed in action in France
- British troops attack along a 6.5km front between Eaucourt and Bapume-Peronne road on the Somme, advancing the Allied line by just under one kilometre.
- The Eighth Battle of the Isonzo ends in north-eastern Italy
- The London Gazette publishes Sir Percy Lake’s despatch of 12 August 1916 relative to operations in Mesopotamia
This entry was posted on October 12th, 2016.