11 March 1916
- French forces repulse the first German attack on Fort Vaux at Verdun
- German forces under the command of General Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck defeat a British attack in the Battle for Latema-Reata Nek in East Africa; they inflict 270 casualties during the 48 hour war
- German forces penetrate French positions near Reims
- Russian forces occupy Kerind in Persia
- Representatives of the Scandinavian States of Norway, Sweden and Denmark meet in Copenhagen; they confirm their “loyal and impartial neutrality”
This entry was posted on March 11th, 2016.