10 March 1917
- British troops on the Western Front capture the town of Irles on the Ancre, taking 292 German prisoners of war
- The Australian 2nd Division attack the German 17th Division at Grevillers Trench, taking 370 prisoners
- Riots continue in Petrograd; Tsar Nicholas II suspends sittings of the Duma (Russian State Assembly)
- Romanian and Russian troops make a successful counter-attack in Moldavia, regaining control of Magyaros Ridge
- British forces in Mesopotamia advance to within five kilometres of Baghdad; Turkish troops begin to evacuate Baghdad
This entry was posted on March 10th, 2017.