10 March 1916
- Australian Light Horse units cross the Suez Canal and enter Sinai as part of the Egyptian Expeditionary Force
- President of the Orange District Hospital committee, Ken Beaton, writes to Dr Neville Howse in Egypt to convey the committee’s admiration for the work he is doing for Australia and the Empire. Surgeon General Howse
- German forces re-occupy part of Corbeaux Wood and attack Bois-des-Buttes in the Battle of Verdun
- German attacks are repulsed east of Kosloff in the Upper Strypa region of Galicia
- British forces capture Taveta in German East Africa
This entry was posted on March 10th, 2016.