1 June 1917
- The Leader reports that Herman Henry Frank Soltau has been killed in the Second Battle of Bullecourt. Soldiers’ Death Roll
- The Leader reports that William Arthur Neal has been killed in the Second Battle of Bullecourt. Private WA Neal
- The Leader reports that Hector Edward Williams has been killed in the Second Battle of Bullecourt. Lance-Corporal Williams
- Henry Ackland Hollands describes the recent Battle of Gaza, and says that he managed to take several photographs of the bombardment. Soldiers’ Letters – Australia at the Gates
- The schoolchildren of Lewis Ponds send a comfort package for soldiers at the front. The package contains mostly cigarettes and tobacco. Lewis Ponds
- The children of Orange knit 500 pairs of socks for soldiers overseas. Sox For Soldiers
- Allied troops on the Western Front have captured 52,000 German prisoners of war, 446 guns, and 1,000 machine guns during the recent Spring offensive. A total of 76,067 prisoners have been captured on the Western Front since the beginning of the war.
This entry was posted on June 1st, 2017.